Fluval FX2 External Canister Filter
Free shipping for all orders over $50!*
• Multi-stage filter pumps out 475 US Gal / 1800 L of water per hour
• Smart Pump™ – advanced microchip technology continuously monitors and optimizes pump performance
• Self-starting – just add water, plug in and Smart Pump™ will take over. Trapped air auto-evacuated every 12 hours to ensure maximum efficiency
• Removable, stackable media baskets eliminate water bypass and hold a total of 1 US Gal / 3.9 L of media
• All filter media included – mechanical, chemical and biological
• Aqua-Stop valves with leak-proof Click-Fit attachment system
• Valves positioned at convenient 45-degree angle for easy installation and rotation
• Anti-clog, telescopic strainer ensures continuous water flow
• Multi-Directional Output nozzles can be fully adjusted to create customized water flows
• Rubberized feet help ensure quiet operation
• Measures the same height as FX4 and 15% smaller overall
• Fits within standard sized cabinetry
• Made in Italy
• For use in freshwater and saltwater aquariums
FX Filtration range to cater to smaller aquariums.
The FX2, the new addition to this range measures at 34 x 34 x 42 cm and runs at 27W, for a pump output of 1800L/hour, Ideal for aquariums of up to 750L.
The Fluval FX2 Canister Filter is designed for hobbyists who want the trademark power of the FX series in a smaller, more affordable package. Featuring patented self-priming Smart Pump™ technology, this filter ensures that its owners will spend more time enjoying their aquarium, and less time maintaining it.
As with all Fluval filters, water flows through each media stage in proper order to ensure thorough cleaning. This process is more efficient and effective than some competitive filters, which force water through all stages in one pass. The Fluval FX2 filter features 2 inset red baskets for greater media capacity and flexibility, for up to 5 stages of filtration.
Patented Fluval Smart Pump™ Technology
Smart Pump™ employs an electronic circuit board to continually monitor the pump. It will constantly measure impeller speed and force to optimise output, and automatically pause and allow trapped air to escape every 12 hours, critical to maintain maximum filtration efficiency. The impeller also has less mechanical joints, creating less noise.
Engineered for your convenience
From the Aquastop click-fit valves for a leak-free, fast assembly, to twin output nozzles for multi-directional, customised water currents, the FX2 filter comes with a plethora of features to make your life easier. Its versatile, telescopic anti-clog strainer allows for continuous water flow intake, and the rubber feet ensure a whisper-quiet operation.
Fluval FX2 Rippled Bio-Foam
Designed specifically for the smaller Fluval FX2 performance canister filters, Bio-Foam captures large particles and debris for effective mechanical filtration. While the FX2 Bio-Foam is thinner than traditional Bio-Foam, its rippled pattern offers more surface area to effectively trap large debris and increase biological activity, enhancing the biological filtration process.
Multi-stage filter pumps out 1800L of water per hour
Smart Pump™ microchip technology continuously monitors and optimises pump performance
Self-starting, with trapped air auto-evacuated every 12 hours for maximum efficiency
Up to 5 stages of filtration, with all filter media included
Intelligently designed for easy maintenance
FX2 Rippled Bio-Foam specifically created to fit the FX2 filter’s compact size
42 cm tall design – easily fits under most aquariums
Suitable for freshwater and saltwater aquariums
Made in Italy
Filter canister with motor
Lid with fasteners
AquaStop valves x 2
Media baskets (white) x 2
1/2 media baskets (red) x 2
Media bags with locking clips x 2
Intake stem with strainer
Rim connector assembly x 2
Hose clamps x 2
Bio-Foam x 4
BIOMAX x 2
Bio-Foam+ x 1
Carbon Pad x 1