“The new Omnibus decompression design is built with all new replaceable high pressure components crucial to providing stable flow output.” Ralph Cabage
CO2 is one of the most important elements in a planted aquarium. Without CO2, plants are less vibrant and healthy. CO2 is essential, along with proper lighting and nutrients, to promote proper photosynthesis and help plants compete with and overcome algae. During photosynthesis, plants consume CO2 and certain macro/micro elements to produce simple sugars. When one of these elements is missing, plant growth is sluggish. For more information on those elements, visit AquaLife’s New Planted Tank Line.
Carbon dioxide in an aquarium is typically introduced by using a pressurized cylinder. The cylinder is controlled by a regulator or valve and a needle valve. Some units include solenoid valves, or they can be added later. With a solenoid valve the CO2 can be turned off at night with a simple light timer. Plants do not consume carbon dioxide during the night. This conserves carbon dioxide and reduces any chance of a drop in pH during the night cycle. Pressurized CO2 is the perfect solution for hobbyists.
UP Aqua CO2 Regulator – Omnibus
• Universal high pressure CO2 regulator
• Teflon gasket (PTFE) is used for durability and better seals
• Regulator and all internal parts are designed to withstand high pressure CO2
• Optional Solenoid
• Designed with fixed decompression pressure gate for stable and accurate CO2 output that is easy to adjust with needle valve
• Comes with removable connector so regulator can be used with disposable cartridges, refillable cartridges as well as optional Hydra Aquatics Paintball Adapter.
• Can be used on both side mount and top mount CGA320 (standard US CO2 thread) CO2 cylinders
• Includes patented low heat solenoid valve that enables regulator to be operated with a timer for the professional aquarist
• Designed to be highly effective and energy efficient
• Perfect for extended use, this unit is silent and does not produce excess heat
• Made with CE and PSE international patent for safety assurance
• Tool-free installation
• Built-in needle valve
• Fixed outlet pressure is 45psi
The regulator is the most important component of any CO2 system. The pressure in a gas cylinder can be over 700psi which is too high for safe use. The regulator reduces the pressure of the tank to a safe, usable level. The CO2 travels through a needle valve after the regulator and then to a check valve that prevents water from back siphoning from the aquarium. After the check valve, a bubble counter is needed. These are not only intriguing, but also provide a visual aid to determining the amount of CO2 entering the system. Up Aqua also offers regulator mounted CO2 Brass Bubble Counter with built in Check Valve.
Components needed for your CO2 system:
Diffuser or Reactor
CO2 Continuous Tester or Drop Checker
Up Aqua’s CO2 Regulator with Adjustable Valve and 1 Gauge can be used with a timer or used with a controller. This regulator is designed with an easily adjustable pressure valve for stable and accurate CO2 output.
The included connector can be removed and the unit can function with disposable cartridges. The patented magnetic solenoid valve allows for professional use with high efficiency. The design is perfect for extended use: it saves energy, does not produce heat, and operates silently.
Up Aqua’s regulators have been voted Best in Class for multiple years running.
Important Info: Use teflon tape on any fitting that does not seal with a gasket or o-ring.
Warranty: All regulators are covered by a 1-year limited warranty from date of purchase.
Made in Taiwan
SevenPorts offers many different options for adding CO2 to your tank regiment. We have everything from novice to the most elite components for building a CO2 system. In each category of product we have chosen the best and most reliable manufacturers because we know CO2 is a crucial component to a dream aquascape. There are many ways to add CO2 to a planted aquarium. Our Up Aqua CO2 Starter Kit is aimed towards new hobbyists just learning about adding pressurized CO2 to their planted aquarium. While our AZOO CO2 tablets offer an easy daily dose of CO2 for small tanks and more basic systems.