HI98301 DiST1 Waterproof TDS and Temperature Tester 1999PPM (mg/l)
Free shipping for all orders over $50!*
DiST® 1 Waterproof TDS Tester (0-2000 ppm)
The Hanna Instruments HI98301 DiST 1 is a low-range total dissolved solids tester than can measure up to 2000 ppm (mg/L). The DiST 1 is a rugged and reliable pocket-sized tester for use in the lab or field. This modern looking meter is only 0.7″ thick and extremely ergonomic, fitting comfortably in your hand. The HI98301 DiST 1 has a 0.5 conversion factor in the measurement of TDS in a variety of applications including water conditioning, environmental monitoring, education and general laboratory use. This tester keeps things simple with a two-button operation; one for ON/OFF, the other for calibration.
• Large Multi-level LCD
• Exposed Temperature Probe for Fast Response
• Simple Two-Button Operation
The DiST 1 features a large multi-level LCD which displays both TDS and temperature readings simultaneously. The TDS readings are displayed with a 1 ppm resolution and with an accuracy of ±2% full scale. The TDS range of the HI98301 is from 0 to 2000 ppm. An exposed temperature sensor allows for rapid automatic temperature compensated TDS measurements. Temperature can be set to display in ? or ?. The LCD screen has stability and calibration tag indicators. The battery percent level is displayed at start up alerting the user to the remaining battery power that is available.
TDS readings are performed by an amperometric graphite electrode that resists oxidation, providing better repeatability in measurements. The use of graphite also reduces the polarization effect common with amperometric testers that use two stainless steel pins.
Calibration is performed by pressing the dedicated calibration button. Once in calibration mode submerge the probe in 1382 ppm calibration standard. When the standard value is recognized and stability reached, the meter will automatically accept and store the calibration value.
Setup options include automatic shut-off timing and temperature unit displayed. Automatic shut-off options are to turn the meter off after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled. To enter the setup mode the user presses a button located in the battery compartment.
• The large LCD displays TDS, temperature, calibration tag, battery level and instability indicator.
• Exposed Temperature Probe
An exposed temperature probe allows for an extremely fast and stable TDS measurement.
• Two-Button Operation
Only two buttons for meter operation. One for on/off and one for calibration.
• Automatic calibration at 1382 ppm (mg/L) with a single push of a button.
• A clock tag stability indicator will disappear to alert the user when the reading is stable.
• User-selectable time until meter shuts off to conserve battery life. Options are 8 min, 60 min or disabled.
Low Battery Indicator
• Low battery indicator that is displayed when less than 10% battery life is remaining.
Battery % Level at Startup
• At start-up, all the LCD segments are displayed for 1 second, then the percent indication of the remaining battery life is displayed.