BioStyle Thermo 30 Grey 30 gal Hang On Filter w/ heater
Free shipping for all orders over $50!*
BioStyle 20/30/50 Hang on the back power filter
Thermo Models include the appropriate heater for the aquarium built in to the filter and thus out of site in the aquarium.
• Compact Power Filter – For large filter capacity
• Compact, sleek power filter – Ideal for fresh or marine aquariums
• Multi-stage filtration – Includes one complete cartridge that houses a 45 ppi foam for mechanical and biological filtration, a chemical mix to remove odors, impurities, and harmful nutrients, and finishes with a filter fleece for a water polishing effect
• Biological filter foam – Also includes one 30 ppi biological filter foam that traps debris and offers surface area for additional beneficial bacteria
• Customizable filtration – OASE offers additional chemical media cartridges that can be added to the BioStyle filter based on your aquarium needs. OASE also offers an empty cartridge for further optimization. all sold separately
• Adjustable leveler – Foot for securing filter to different aquarium glass thickness
• Telescopic intake – Transparent tube, extends from 6 in. to 14 in. for varying aquarium heights
• Easy maintenance – Cleaning indicator shows when it is time to change the mess-free, disposable multi-stage filter cartridge or clean the biological filter foam
• Adjustable flow control – Built-in to the filter to change the intensity of water movement and increase oxygenation, or input of oxygen at the surface
• Quiet operation – Energy efficient, UL certified filter
• Quality design – Made in Italy, with German engineering from OASE and backed by a 3-year warranty
• What’s in the Box – Aquarium Filter, multi-stage filter cartridges, biological filter foams with reusable frame, telescopic intake with inlet strainer, and 6 ft. power cable
BioStyle 20 BioStyle 30 BioStyle 50
Dimensions (in.) 6 x 5.25 x 8.5 8.5 x 6 x 8.5 11 x 6.75 x 8.5
Dimensions (mm) 152 x 133 x 216 216 x 152 x 216 279 x 171 x 216
Rated voltage 120V / 60 Hz
Power consumption, filter 4.5 watts 5 watts 5.5 watts
Power cord length 6 ft. (1.8 m)
Maximum flow rate 100 gph (380 l/h) 150 gph (560 l/h) 250 gph (950 l/h)
Suitable for aquariums up to max. 20 gal (75 L) 30 gal (115 L) 50 gal (180 L)
Suitable for fresh and marine water
Warranty 3 Years
BioStyle Filter Media
All BioStyle models come with multi-stage filter cartridges and biological filter foams. OASE offers additional chemical media cartridges that can be added to the BioStyle filter based on your aquarium needs. OASE also offers an empty cartridge for further optimization.
Multi-stage Filter Cartridge
Comes standard in all BioStyle models. Disposable cartridge houses 3-stage filtration.
1 45 ppi Filter Foam: Traps debris and waste and also offers surface area for beneficial bacteria.
2 Three chemical media mix: Carbon, zeolite and phosphate binder. Removes odors, impurities, and harmful nutrients from the water.
3 Filter fleece: Traps extremely fine debris for a water polishing effect.
The filter cartridge should be replaced after 4-6 weeks, depending upon aquarium size, number of fish and plants, and declines in filter performance.
Replacement cartridges are available in a 2-pack and a 4-pack.
Biological Filter Foam
Comes standard in all BioStyle models.
Traps debris and waste and also offers surface area for beneficial bacteria to settle. This mechanical and biological filtration results in cleaner, healthier water for your aquarium inhabitants.
This 30 ppi filter foam should be replaced after 12-18 months, depending upon aquarium size, number of fish and plants, and declines in filter performance.
Replacement foams are available in a 2-pack and a 4-pack.
Additional BioStyle Filtration Cartridges
To optimize your aquarium filtration, OASE offers different filter media cartridges based on your aquarium needs.
These cartridges fit into the BioStyle filter chamber, in place of the biological filter foam. The quantity of cartridges the filter chamber can fit depends on the size of the BioStyle filter.
Activated Carbon Cartridge
Helps to remove cloudy water, harmful metals, odors, tannins or other colors for clear, pure aquarium water.
Activated carbon is processed to have small, low-volume pores that increase the surface area available for absorption of unwanted substances.
Carbon should be used only when needed and replaced after 3 to 4 weeks, depending upon aquarium size, number of fish and plants, and declines in filter performance.
Phosphate Binder Cartridge
Strong, fast acting buffer that reduces phosphate levels to solve algae problems. This is done by quickly and permanently binding phosphates so they can’t return to the water.
The bead-shape is highly porous to promote easy ?ow through, increasing efficiency and capacity. Free of heavy metals, Phosphate Binder is colorless and will not cloud the water.
Phosphate binder should be used only when needed and replaced after 2 to 6 weeks, depending upon aquarium size, number of fish and plants, and declines in filter performance.
Add your choice or combination of dry, solid filter media into this empty cartridge based on your aquarium’s needs; filter media sold separately.
The customizable cartridge inner capacity is 120 mL with dimensions of 0.57 x 2.3 x 5.8 inches.
Timing to replace the cartridge depends on the media you put inside and depends upon aquarium size, number of fish and plants, and declines in filter performance.